A curated list of local events to help you plan, play + keep perspective during wedding planning and beyond.
signature cocktail #tastetest
Whip up and sample a new seasonal craft cocktail with us each week with so you're super informed when choosing your signature drink. 'Cause someone's gotta do it.
Aperol Spritz Cocktails
Via The Spruce Eats
2 ounces Prosecco
2 ounces Aperol
orange slices for garnish
For each drink: Add ice and an orange slice to the glass of your choosing. In this order: pour in the Prosecco, then Aperol. Top off with a splash of soda. Serve!
Our thoughts: We first tried the Aperol Spritz when visiting a friend for an alfresco lunch a couple of years back. It was bright and delicious and made the whole afternoon feel kind of fabulous. It's a perfect and refreshing summer drink, especially for an outdoor wedding. Also, it doesn't get much easier than this one - pour and enjoy 💕
Have a #flutterworthy recipe? Let us know the details for a chance to be featured.
Unique finds by local makers to spice up your wedding or your life. Favors, Gifts, Decor. You name it.
Discover something good? Shoot us the details on your find for a chance to be featured.
Deals spotted out in the wild. See something? Say something. We'll add it to the list.
Jenny Yoo's May Chic in Crepe special will get you $15 off crepe made-to-order dresses.
Waiting for a sale to pull the trigger on your bridesmaid's dress? Here's your chance. Brideside's spring sale is happening now, with dresses up to 20% off.
Thinking about a twist wrap bridesmaid's dress or jumpsuit? Dessy has them for 30% off + free shipping through May 28th. Use code: TWISTED30.
Zola's offering 30% off paper orders, which includes everything from save the dates to thank yous through July 1. Use code PAPER30.
Want to give back while planning your wedding? We'll feature a new organization here each week to help you #spreadthelove while celebrating yours.
If you're in the throes of honeymoon planning and are worried you'll need to compromise on luxury to travel responsibly, check out Elevate Destinations, a social enterprise with philanthropy, and positive social and environmental impact as keys to their mission. Not only do we love luxury travel itineraries prepared by experts, but we also love all the ways Elevate Destinations helps us make a positive impact through travel:
- Every trip organized through Elevate Destinations allows a group of local children to visit tourist sites in their own country.
- As part of your travel itinerary they can arrange gatherings with local non-profits, change-makers, and doers to get involved in local non-profit work.
- Elevate Destinations designs their trips to support local conservation initiatives that rely on tourism as a source of funding.
- They vet for responsibly-owned luxury lodging.
- Elevate Destinations provides carbon offsets for all land portions of their trips.
- They're a member of CODE, which prevents human trafficking and human rights abuses in the travel and tourism industry.